Altered Book Project

I’ve just started my first altered book. Actually, I’m heading an altered book project at scrapthemoment.com. I’m so excited to be heading a project that I conceived of and have set up, and I can’t wait to get into it in full force. The whole idea is to turn an old book into a journal where I can answer questions about my life, hopes, dreams, memories, and goals. Basically, a way to record all the stories and thoughts that I want my children to know. I’m hoping to create several books—enough to answer all the questions I love that Angel has in the Journaling Junkies section. I realized that there was so much that I want my girls to know and that I’ll never get to answering those questions if I leave them until I can make them scrapbook pages. This way, I still get to be creative while writing about my lie. I also plan to make a book (or several) to ask my daughters questions about their favorite memories. Actually, it occurred to me that it would be a nice idea to give an idea jar with different questions as well as an altered composition book to my siblings so they could record their memories as well. Of course, the big question is, will they? I hope so.

2 comments:

SnwAngl71 said...

I am so stoked to be able to participate in this!! I've been wanting to alter a book for quite some time now. Can't wait to see what you have in store and how they all come out! =)

Anonymous said...

Well said.

Copyright @ This Life I Love | Floral Day theme designed by SimplyWP | Bloggerized by GirlyBlogger