Confession

It was a pretty calm, quiet day today. Susy is better, thank God. Went to Michaels--ostensibly to get a wood box to make a memory box for Ofelia, but also to check out the clearanced patterned paper and hopefully find some of the acrylic stamps that are supposedly in the dollar bins (yeah, Chatterbox for the former, but no dice on the stamps). In my defense, I wasn't really shopping for myself. I thought I'd introduce Mami to Chatterbox papers. She loved them! She's been scrapbooking so much lately, but I've been trying to get her to try some new things--mixing patterned papers, inking, stamping, painting, using flowers and brads...I've been giving her some of my older magazines so that she can look through them for ideas and inspiration, but shse hadn't been using them yet.

Yesterday, she told me that she wanted to start experimenting a little, so I got all excited. I happened to have the April issue of CK and we started going through it, pointing out different ideas that she could use. She mentioned that she wasn't using ribbon on her layouts because she needed to buy some. I told her not to worry, that I'd give her some ribbon.

This is where the confession comes in.

After I got home from work, I sat in front of the TV (watching Poker, hee, hee) and started going through my spools of ribbon. Depending on how much of each ribbon I had, I cut out anywhere between 1/2 a yard to 2 yards. I knew I had 4 photo boxes full of ribbon spools (once they're small lengths, I put them in embroidery floss boxes), but I don't think I really understood just how much ribbon I own.

Oh...my...God.

I separated almost 100 different ribbon lengths on clothespins for my mother. I never even opened the floss boxes, but I know there have to be at least 100 more different ribbons in them. I gave Mami a tin bucket filled with the ribbon clothespins, a stack of Chatterbox, some chipboard that I diecut for her, and some flowers for her pages. She was very excited, and I love to share.

But I'm still stunned by the ribbon.

So what did I do when I went to Michaels? I bought 2 more spools!

Obsessed? Not at all. :)

1 comment:

SnwAngl71 said...

I am becoming a ribbon/fiber fanatic myself! Glad to know I am not alone! ;p

Copyright @ This Life I Love | Floral Day theme designed by SimplyWP | Bloggerized by GirlyBlogger