Beautiful Quote

Just saw this in Ali Edwards' blog. Beautiful.

"There is an article today in The Oregonian by columnist Margie Boule talking about the 20 years of journals at the Sylvia Beach Hotel in Newport, Oregon (a wonderful coastal town)....The article today all about the words people have left in the journals that are placed in each room over the last 20 years. All kinds of things. Life things. Good and bad things. Private things and silly things.

At the end of the article was the following quote left in one of the journals by a visitor:

'It's been so long since I picked up a pen and wrote more than everyday necessities: a grocery list or a phone number. But something about this place, authors alive and breathing within its walls, reminds me that I am writing because I must, because it is how I am supposed to experience the world. And if my words never glimmer longer than a moment, it doesn't matter. Because in that moment I am living and my words are lighting my jouney.'"

What a beautiful idea!

1 comment:

Leti EM said...

wow that is Beautiful

Copyright @ This Life I Love | Floral Day theme designed by SimplyWP | Bloggerized by GirlyBlogger