Another crafter in the family

Carolina has always loved drawing with crayons or markers and writing her "letters", but today she officially stepped into the title of "crafter". I went to Joann Fabrics today to get her and Susanna some large beads and lanyards to string them on. Carolina and Susy had a great time making their necklace (granted, Susanna was in charge of handing over the beads while Carolina was the one who actually strung them up).

When they were getting ready for their naps, I asked Carolina to get in bed and wait for me to tuck her in while I put Susy down and when I came into the room, I could tell something was up. I asked her what she had under the covers and she pulled out one of my spice jars filled with buttons that she wanted to play with. I put them on the shelf and told her that she could play with them when she woke up from her nap. The minute she was up, she decided that she wanted to make a necklace out of the buttons. She strung the buttons through the lanyard ALL BY HERSELF! All I did was tie on the first button so it wouldn't unravel. After that, she sat quietly on her bed for over 45 minutes (!!!!!!) stringing her buttons to make a necklace for Abuela Mary. (I was told more than once that the necklace was NOT for me. Eventually, she said she would make me one later. Apparently, her grandmother is more important! )

When we left to go visit Abuela, she took more lanyards and MORE buttons from my stash so she could make another necklace. Helena was there with the kids, so Carolina was so excited to "share with Nicole." (She loves to say that she's sharing with Nicole. She always says, "Nicole is my friend and we share.") When I left to come to work, the two of them were having a blast making their necklaces.

Needless to say, I took tons of pictures of my little crafter and some close-ups of her works of art.

Looks like I'm going to need to buy some more buttons!

1 comment:

mary field said...

Such a cute story!

Also, you've been tagged! Come visit my blog to see!

Copyright @ This Life I Love | Floral Day theme designed by SimplyWP | Bloggerized by GirlyBlogger